Your opinion? Small World

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D7200
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
s 1/640
f/2.0
ISO 100
D

Deleted member 310

Hi panos_adgr panos_adgr, the easy answer is that it is artistic, I find that the flower is too confused with the background, it does not stand out, which gives a flat image. :unsure:

I am not an expert in artistic photography. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Thank you very much Jack.
I liked the backround alot.
It creates an intense geometric contrast with the linearity of the front subject that separates it from the round bokeh of the backround. Of centre composition was chosen for a better balance with the backround. If the flower was in the middle you would have the feel of empty left and right space that would demand a vertical frame with tight composition with compressed negative space leaving no room to express the contrast between small and large for the flower and backround. I also liked and wanted to highlight the climax contrast between the large bokeh effect that states the undefined (due to abstraction) large scale of the world against the small delicacy of the tiny flower that rises up from the edge to the centre and up. These were my intentions and elements to select this composition.

Last edited:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you very much Jack.
I liked the backround alot.
It creates an intense geometric contrast with the linearity of the front subject that separates it from the round bokeh of the backround. Of centre composition was chosen for a better balance with the backround. If the flower was in the middle you would have the feel of empty left and right space that would demand a vertical frame with tight composition with compressed negative space leaving no room to express the contrast between small and large for the flower and backround. I also liked and wanted to highlight the climax contrast between the large bokeh effect that states the undefined (due to abstraction) large scale of the world against the small delicacy of the tiny flower that rises up from the edge to the centre and up. These were my intentions and elements to select this composition.

I like to keep my subject on one side of the frame too, but not in all images.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Thank you for your picture and your story behind it. That helps a lot to understand your intention to choose this composition. Art is a real difficult topic where a lot opinions comes together. Unfortunately I agree to @Christophe Berche. Maybe it's not my style but I respect your point of view and I really appreciate it.

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Dear friends.
Photography is something personal for each individual person. The way we see and express ourselves is unique and motivated from our perception, feelings, point of view and artistic direction. I enjoy always photos from all of you as well as your personal views in photographing and commenting! All opinions are welcome! šŸ˜‰

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020

Attachments

• 50029781103_03d642e2f6_b.jpg
    50029781103_03d642e2f6_b.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0