Your opinion? Spiders from the garden

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Canon 6d 100mm f2.8 L + raynox dcr-250 + 68mm ext tube
iso200, f16, 1/180 sec
D

Deleted member 310

Thanks! Maybe I have to buy some focus rail first before I use a tripod.

I don't do the extreme macro just 1: 1 ratio, and I often use the tripod, I focus manually with the liveview and I use a wired remote control ;) for the sigma 180mm
Now with the 90mm stabilize, it's more easy

jhanx

Jun 6, 2020
I don't do the extreme macro just 1: 1 ratio, and I often use the tripod, I focus manually with the liveview and I use a wired remote control ;) for the sigma 180mm
Now with the 90mm stabilize, it's more easy
Wow i heard a lot also about 180mm. you really have a good working distance. though it is quite heavy. And it is great you can use live view!
My Canon 6d does not perform well using live view. I have to really use the viewfinder. lol.

D

Deleted member 310

Wow i heard a lot also about 180mm. you really have a good working distance. though it is quite heavy. And it is great you can use live view!
My Canon 6d does not perform well using live view. I have to really use the viewfinder. lol.

what's wrong with the liveview ?

jhanx

Jun 6, 2020
what's wrong with the liveview ?
I shoot in manual focus, set focus ring to 1:1, and move camera forward/backward to get focus. Using live view, it seems that focus point is different after I take the picture. And the image also seem to shift downward a little. I noticed similar situation with my Canon 7dii. maybe there are some settings about this, but i didn't bother to research.

D

Deleted member 310

I shoot in manual focus, set focus ring to 1:1, and move camera forward/backward to get focus. Using live view, it seems that focus point is different after I take the picture. And the image also seem to shift downward a little. I noticed similar situation with my Canon 7dii. maybe there are some settings about this, but i didn't bother to research.

it can come from the stabilization of your lens, it must be removed when you use the tripod

when I use the liveview mode, I remove the stabilization, and I zoom x 5, manual focus, and wired remote control