Others Spring roll

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
To me, the glint off the spring in the reflection is more distracting than the dust. Not much you can do about that - I think it's coming off your subject.
yeah it is...but without it wont it become an industrial photograph? good photographers like you have the chi incorporated in all photographs...people like us...try and do that consciously :D

grphotog641

Apr 23, 2020
yeah it is...but without it wont it become an industrial photograph? good photographers like you have the chi incorporated in all photographs...people like us...try and do that consciously :D

Ha! (but thanks). I'm just starting off with this macro stuff and I only happen to share the ones that I'm satisfied with.
I took a couple other sets of shots of fishing gear, but had glints off of curved parts of the hook that created a halo affect that I didn't like. So I kept those on my hard drive and chalked it up to needing to pay more attention to my lighting while I'm shooting.

Reactions: Shan

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
Ha! (but thanks). I'm just starting off with this macro stuff and I only happen to share the ones that I'm satisfied with.
I took a couple other sets of shots of fishing gear, but had glints off of curved parts of the hook that created a halo affect that I didn't like. So I kept those on my hard drive and chalked it up to needing to pay more attention to my lighting while I'm shooting.
the problem with macro is that you mostly visualize for the first time when you look through the lens. with the naked eye you cannot really compose. So most of the times its off the cuff compositions. Eg with naked eye, those dust particles cannot even be seen !

Reactions: grphotog641

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi Helix_2648 Helix_2648 and Jack Jack . A comparative photo uploaded with your views incorporated. Please see that and tell me?
I don't have a picture from a spring on a glass plate, but have alook to this:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

I've cleaned the plate and removed the remaining dust with PS. So it's really a pure reflection without any distracting dust particles.

Reactions: Shan

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
I don't have a picture from a spring on a glass plate, but have alook to this:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

I've cleaned the plate and removed the remaining dust with PS. So it's really a pure reflection without any distracting dust particles.

to what extent would you say that the presence or absence of dust particles is subjective? or do you think its an aberration at the onset?

grphotog641

Apr 23, 2020
just an off the cuff observation, acrylic you can buff using buffing cream to retain the polish. (i know because a part of my business deals with acrylic :) )
Great to know! So that will fill in the scratches? I'll have to look for that. I just got a sheet of black acrylic and am concerned about scratches. Thanks!