Tested my new Canon 24-70 EF II L

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
What a beautiful place to test a new lens! The DOF is wonderful. I love how the scene is framed with the branches too.
I took a very long look, scrolling around the photo at zoom and I am curious. What is the red building with what appears to be a statue of a man sitting on the top of it?
Also, on the left of the photo is a metal fence, part of it is formed into a curved shape over the water. That is so interesting, what is that for? I would love to play around with that area with some photos. I'm envious. LOL

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
What a beautiful place to test a new lens! The DOF is wonderful. I love how the scene is framed with the branches too.
I took a very long look, scrolling around the photo at zoom and I am curious. What is the red building with what appears to be a statue of a man sitting on the top of it?
Also, on the left of the photo is a metal fence, part of it is formed into a curved shape over the water. That is so interesting, what is that for? I would love to play around with that area with some photos. I'm envious. LOL
I was looking on the photo for that man, but yes, that is a fun statue located in the river. the fence is there to stop people falling in the river :D :LOL:. It was a nice trip , it’s really lovely small Roman city.

Reactions: Tina Boes

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
A beautiful photo, Jack. I enjoyed the the details in the photo. The buildings are nice, the boat adds more life in the photo, and the tree branches on the top as a frame really complete the photo.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
A beautiful photo, Jack. I enjoyed the the details in the photo. The buildings are nice, the boat adds more life in the photo, and the tree branches on the top as a frame really complete the photo.
There are more details when looking at original photo, as I had to compress this one to be able to upload it. But Thanks lovitazoe lovitazoe :)

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Nice photo! Looks like a great lens, that focal distance is a good all rounder lens, good for many situations.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Nice image Jack, great that you got the lens and are enjoying using it.
The red house is a sculpture of a red monopoly house that is sinking, it is designed to bring attention to the COP26 climate conference, and depicts a man sitting on the chimney as the house sinks.
The curvature of the fence is to deter people from climbing over and walking across the weir, or doing other publicity stunts.

Reactions: Jack and Tina Boes

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Honestly I didn’t knew about that temporary statue in the middle of the river. Have you been there as well ? There is an open park in front of the river where the fence is, I probably should share that photo as well.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I haven't been to the UK since 2012 Jack, but my sister was in Bath a week or so ago, which is how I knew about the statue.