Tested my new Canon 24-70 EF II L

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
expensive I guess. Same, just good for photography so far.
you should try living in Dubai if you think Bath is expensive, :) I was there for 20 years and it is incredibly expensive but also good for photographs if you can dodge the security guys who always chase you away and ask you not to take photo's unless you have a permit to do so.
Really? don't believe all you hear or read in the papers.. I wouldn't't have been there for so long if it was like that.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
you should try living in Dubai if you think Bath is expensive, :) I was there for 20 years and it is incredibly expensive but also good for photographs if you can dodge the security guys who always chase you away and ask you not to take photo's unless you have a permit to do so.
I been watching some videos on YouTube about Dubai, like you can walk drunk on the street, you can’t kiss your girlfriend in public.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
don't believe everything in those videos, I stayed there for over 20 years and most of the stuff in those videos is extremely over exaggerated. Sure you have to have respect for the local culture but it is nowhere near as bad as they say. I certainly had many fun times there without worry.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Then it’s better to know this from people who already lived there. Did you had chance to go to the Burj Khalifa ?

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
[CQ='Andy Smith, c: 3404, m: 2006'][/CQ] Then it’s better to know this from people who already lived there. Did you had chance to go to the Burj Khalifa ?
yes I visited a few times, used to drink in a bar next to it but it is over hyped and expensive in that area of town though.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Then it’s better to know this from people who already lived there. Did you had chance to go to the Burj Khalifa ?
yes I visited a few times, used to drink in a bar next to it but it is over hyped and expensive in that area of town though.
I believe the salary is higher , must be, if everything is expensive.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Salaries used to be good to be honest, but have dropped drastically over the past few year. A lot of workers from Africa, India and Asia who work for less money but are just as skilled have flooded the job market and driven down the salaries. It is one reason I left as it wasn't financially worth staying there any more.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Salaries used to be good to be honest, but have dropped drastically over the past few year. A lot of workers from Africa, India and Asia who work for less money but are just as skilled have flooded the job market and driven down the salaries. It is one reason I left as it wasn't financially worth staying there any more.
Probably people who are born there and finishing their studies there having good salaries. I definitely wouldn't want to live in an expensive city, even London is expensive.