Tested my new Canon 24-70 EF II L

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
What a beautiful place to test a new lens! The DOF is wonderful. I love how the scene is framed with the branches too.
I took a very long look, scrolling around the photo at zoom and I am curious. What is the red building with what appears to be a statue of a man sitting on the top of it?
Also, on the left of the photo is a metal fence, part of it is formed into a curved shape over the water. That is so interesting, what is that for? I would love to play around with that area with some photos. I'm envious. LOL
I didn't knew about statue until now. I thought it was put there to attract people's attention.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
What a beautiful place to test a new lens! The DOF is wonderful. I love how the scene is framed with the branches too.
I took a very long look, scrolling around the photo at zoom and I am curious. What is the red building with what appears to be a statue of a man sitting on the top of it?
Also, on the left of the photo is a metal fence, part of it is formed into a curved shape over the water. That is so interesting, what is that for? I would love to play around with that area with some photos. I'm envious. LOL
I bet your sister liked the city :)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Was a good choice to buy the lens, wasn't it? Love the framing as well. Lot's of details to see and explore!

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Was a good choice to buy the lens, wasn't it? Love the framing as well. Lot's of details to see and explore!
Yes it was, especially that I managed to save Ā£400 on this lens, and managed to get it brand new with 3 years manufacturer cover šŸ˜

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
[CQ='Andy Smith, c: 3394, m: 2006'][/CQ] expensive I guess. Same, just good for photography so far.
you should try living in Dubai if you think Bath is expensive, :) I was there for 20 years and it is incredibly expensive but also good for photographs if you can dodge the security guys who always chase you away and ask you not to take photo's unless you have a permit to do so.

• Haha
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
expensive I guess. Same, just good for photography so far.
you should try living in Dubai if you think Bath is expensive, :) I was there for 20 years and it is incredibly expensive but also good for photographs if you can dodge the security guys who always chase you away and ask you not to take photo's unless you have a permit to do so.
I don't want to end up in prison somewhere. I know it's expensive and nice, but also their rules and law are a bit ridiculous.