Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

The Flower Chafer beetle.

01 The Flower Chafer Beetle-Ashok Kallagunta.JPG

The Flower Chafer is a beautiful, shiny, emerald green, and quite large beetle.

Flower chafers are small, stocky beetles that come in shimmering bright colors. They look like round little dumplings. The most popular are the emerald green flower chafer, the pachnoda marginata and the Derby's flower beetle.

These animals don’t live for very long but, as long as you look after them properly, you can enjoy the next generation. Flower chafers grow to around 1-2 in (2.5-5 cm) and live for around 5-7 months.

EXIF
Camera: Canon 7D mark 2.
Lens: Canon 100mm F2.8L + Raynox DCR 250
F/32 , ISO-200, 1/250

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
In a simple world, Wow!!! Amazing details, colours and very sharp. Thanks for description too. How you achieved Black background Ashok Kallagunta Ashok Kallagunta ?

Ashok Kallagunta

Dec 19, 2020
In a simple world, Wow!!! Amazing details, colours and very sharp. Thanks for description too. How you achieved Black background Ashok Kallagunta Ashok Kallagunta ?

when we go very close to the subject depth of field become very shallow and lighting the subject is more challenging and if you use higher aperture like F/32 you may get some part of subject is in focus, I used external flash to add more more light in the frame, since I am using external flash, wherever light travel that comes in focus remaining part won't be visible in the frame due to this I get black background.

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_132837.jpg
    IMG_20201105_132837.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Karl and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
when we go very close to the subject depth of field become very shallow and lighting the subject is more challenging and if you use higher aperture like F/32 you may get some part of subject is in focus, I used external flash to add more more light in the frame, since I am using external flash, wherever light travel that comes in focus remaining part won't be visible in the frame due to this I get black background.
Thanks for the info Ashok Kallagunta Ashok Kallagunta .
Can you showcase your diffuser here?

Looks interesting diffuser in your picture.