Others Ethereal (Smoke Project)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
EXIF
Photo 1
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 1000

Photo 2
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 1000

Photo 3
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 800

Photo 4
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 800

Photo 5
Nikon D610
Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8
ƒ/2.5
s 1/125
ISO 6400

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I need a flash... Smoke photography needs light to freeze motion and work with base iso. Or a strong led light source. I will try again Jack. High iso is not helping me in post processing...

Without a flash is hard to achieve good results, and high iso will make your images noisy

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Without a flash is hard to achieve good results, and high iso will make your images noisy
Exactly.
Although my camera handles noise great at high iso, it is still a problem. I use noisware pro which is by far the best software for me for noise reduction. But... The result could be a lot batter.
As I Said earlier owning a flash is something I have to do sooner or later.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Exactly.
Although my camera handles noise great at high iso, it is still a problem. I use noisware pro which is by far the best software for me for noise reduction. But... The result could be a lot batter.
As I Said earlier owning a flash is something I have to do sooner or later.

Have you tried Topaz Denoise ?

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Low sun isn't bad my friend for macros ;=) , let's to show me what you got there panos_adgr panos_adgr ;) :D . I can try to find some of my pictures to show you , taken in low sun light ;) ;)
Hi Natalia!

I always go to the botanical garden when sun is low. But it was so low that was behind the trees and I had to shoot in shade. And that's not my favourite...
I like to shoot with sun at opposite angles. If you notice my photos all of them are with sun in front of me. I move to myself in angles where I don't get flare or where something makes shadow.
Next time. 😉

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Have you tried Topaz Denoise ?
Well I use Topaz. I have the whole Topaz collection. But I find it aggressive in details whatever I do.
Noisware Pro has a learning algorithm each time you apply it. It is way beyond customisable and you can control it in any level you want. Colour, Lightness, Shadow, Mid tone, Highlights and many many many more! You can apply sharpness at the same time with incredible results. It doesn't create artefacts when suppressing noise and if it does great job in sharpening.

Topaz is not that efficient... And the worst with it is that sometimes in monochromatic parts of the picture it creates banding... With Noiseware Pro I never had any problems.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi Natalia!

I always go to the botanical garden when sun is low. But it was so low that was behind the trees and I had to shoot in shade. And that's not my favourite...
I like to shoot with sun at opposite angles. If you notice my photos all of them are with sun in front of me. I move to myself in angles where I don't get flare or where something makes shadow.
Next time. 😉

So I need to find moment for check up pictures on your FB and your website to this time Panos for more 🤭😃😉. I really love your style and creativeity, feels to be so close to mine, and you keep me really inspiraiting! I think if you create one day one photo book I can buy it keep myself inspirated with your pictures 😉🙏. But ok .. we can talk more on messenger too if we find time 😃