Others Ethereal (Smoke Project)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
EXIF
Photo 1
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 1000

Photo 2
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 1000

Photo 3
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 800

Photo 4
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
ƒ/2.0
s 1/80
ISO 800

Photo 5
Nikon D610
Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8
ƒ/2.5
s 1/125
ISO 6400

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Well I use Topaz. I have the whole Topaz collection. But I find it aggressive in details whatever I do.
Noisware Pro has a learning algorithm each time you apply it. It is way beyond customisable and you can control it in any level you want. Colour, Lightness, Shadow, Mid tone, Highlights and many many many more! You can apply sharpness at the same time with incredible results. It doesn't create artefacts when suppressing noise and if it does great job in sharpening.

Topaz is not that efficient... And the worst with it is that sometimes in monochromatic parts of the picture it creates banding... With Noiseware Pro I never had any problems.

That's a good tip, I never had such of issues before, but to be honest I don't use it often. You might want to reply to Bart the belgian Bart the belgian question, as seems you have more experience here.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
That's a good tip, I never had such of issues before, but to be honest I don't use it often. You might want to reply to Bart the belgian Bart the belgian question, as seems you have more experience here.

I have been using both many years now. I use topaz only when I want to sharpen with high pass filter layer. In the middle of the process I use it to reduce noise on the high pass filtered layer before I apply smart sharpening. In this case is the best plug in to reduce noise. And the only software that doesn't create banding issues (strangely).
As I wrote I use noisware for the customisation it provides and its performance.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have been using both many years now. I use topaz only when I want to sharpen with high pass filter layer. In the middle of the process I use it to reduce noise on the high pass filtered layer before I apply smart sharpening. In this case is the best plug in to reduce noise. And the only software that doesn't create banding issues (strangely).
As I wrote I use noisware for the customisation it provides and its performance.

I will need to check it out that software, if you are saying is good. I been using topaz sometimes, but never Heard about noisware. I also try not to shoot high iso, to avoid noise in my images, as it’s requires more work when editing them, which also will make the photo to weight bigger.