Laowa lenses

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
Laowa is a very good lens, considering the price. No AF, it could be difficult to use in the field. I only use it for studio shots.
If you are okay with that, it's totally recommendable.

Reactions: Jack

Ron Westbroek

1 2
Apr 21, 2020
I ordered the lens I wanted (Laowa 50mm f / 2.8 2x Ultra-Macro MFT mount) and got this in response.

Dear Customer,
Due to the current situation in the world, the delivery time of your ordered product Laowa 50 mm f / 2.8 2x Ultra-Macro MFT-mount lens is still unknown.
It is expected that it could take a few more weeks.
However, this is an indication and can change. We will keep an eye on the delivery time for you in the coming period.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We will inform you further at the end of November.

PPfff that will be waiting

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
I can only vouch for the Laowa 7.5mm (15mm FF) f2.0 wide angle. I snapped it up used in mint condition for half the price. And what can I say, it's a pretty good lens if you want to go very wide. It offers an angle of view of 110° with decent to good sharpness, very low distortion and slight, but easy to correct vignetting. I personally love it and have it with me very often when hiking.

Laowa overall seems like a very creative and quirky lens company, that produces stuff others just don't. I would love to get my hands on their probe lens but that's just far too expensive.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Well... It is true. Sometime ago I ordered from chine an adapter and it took almost 2 months to arrive....
I also ordered a lens from France and it took a week.
No I'm waiting for an accessory from Europe and it is almost 3 weeks that it hasn't arrived yet...

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
I have the Laowa 25mm 2,5-5x ultra macro f/2.8 and is great for extreme macro studio shots. Metal construction, feels well, I haven't tested outside, no AF, and manual aperture settings. Very satisfied with the results, considering the price, it's a very attractive option.