Your opinion? Post-Processing examples

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

SonjaD

Apr 16, 2020
I still would love to see the first image edited into a brighter coloured edition, less saturated, soft light...somehow I do see a bright yellow flower against a brighter background ...

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I can see here a lot of amazing pictures guys, very great job đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ś

grphotog641

Apr 23, 2020
I still would love to see the first image edited into a brighter coloured edition, less saturated, soft light...somehow I do see a bright yellow flower against a brighter background ...
That's exactly the kind of processing I struggle with, but I'm still experimenting. :)

John LB

Apr 19, 2020
I'm new to macro, but have been doing digital photography as a hobby for about the last 10 years (and B&W film long before that).
For most of my shooting, I've tried to keep my post-processing as realistic as possible - boost some levels, fix some noise, etc. This is particularly the case for the sports photography that I spent most of the fall and winter doing.
Recently I find that I've been more aggressive with my post processing and trying to get a little more arty or a little more dramatic. I guess you could say I'm trying to find my style.

Anyway, here are some examples of post processing and pulling something interesting out of what might look boring at first.
Image is a buttercup taking with a D500 and Sigma 105mm macro @ f/8, 1/250s, ISO400. Handheld with cheap speedlight with the little plastic diffuser that it came with.

Image 1: RAW image with only Lightroom auto-tone applied.
Image 2: Processing in Lightroom with Topaz Sharpen AI used for a little sharpen/denoise
Image 3: Processing in Lightroom, NIK Color Efex, Lightroom again, and Topaz Sharpen AI used for a little sharpen/denoise
View attachment 1515 View attachment 1516 View attachment 1517
I'm a big "consumer" of classical music and have been so for long before I took up photography. I look at these photos in order and I see Vivaldi's first 3 seasons. wonderful photos my friend

• Love
Reactions: grphotog641

SonjaD

Apr 16, 2020
Technically, I can do it. It's the artistry and getting the right amount of color without looking oversaturated that I have trouble with.
Yes the colour is a bit tricky, best to start with the right White Balance, then adapt. Only little adjustments are OK. Colour management is a big thing. And every taste is different. Of your three versions I do like the second the best. I think we experience different phases during our photography journey. I love saturated images, a year ago I hated them...ha ha...next year it might be high key, who knows... it is a journey

Reactions: grphotog641

Suresh Khaire

Apr 15, 2020
First one is little by soft whereas second and third is very good. Here is my shot of flower :

1. Adenium petal in rain
2. A little finger tip size flower
3. Flower stem in rain

All the shots are edited in Photoshop CC 2018.View attachment 1538View attachment 1539View attachment 1540
Regards,

Canon 5D MIII with

Shot No. 1 : 1/200 sec., f22 n ISO 50 with EF50mm f1.4 USM
Shot No. 2 : 1/200 sec., f16 n ISO 200 with EF135mm f2L USM
Shot No. 3 : 1/200 sec., f14 n ISO 200 with EF24-105mm f4L IS USM

with 65mm extension tube on above all lenses.

Hope this will help to understand the exposure with warm regards,

Reactions: Shan