Begginer Raw or jpg

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member opened a beginner discussion, do give the best advice and tips regarding the topic subject.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I am a beginner and for almost 4 years I use JPG 😂. I dont really understand the difference of JPG and RAW. I only know JPG's file size is less than RAW.
But now after I joined this group, I changed my camera setting to RAW. In case, I spot a good object and I don't want to lose the quality. 😁
which question? If I know the answer, then I might answer it ;)

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I am a beginner and for almost 4 years I use JPG 😂. I dont really understand the difference of JPG and RAW. I only know JPG's file size is less than RAW.
But now after I joined this group, I changed my camera setting to RAW. In case, I spot a good object and I don't want to lose the quality. 😁
View attachment 12548
Like this one. My camera focus keep on going back to center. How can I make it so that the focus automatically follows the object and not always in the center? Or is it supposed to be like that because I choose manual mode? 😟 I don't really understand.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I don’t think this is possible. Usually you I focus manually on subject using these dots. I would suggest to check your setting and set a bigger cover when focusing on subject.

It meant to be manually lovitazoe lovitazoe . Check your settings, put camera on Manual mode and go on settings and check focus.

Reactions: lovitazoe

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
which camera model is that?

anyway, no matter the model (more or less) the camera first needs to know which is the object you want it to follow.

let's say your camera supports face detection and there are 3 faces on the frame at different distances from you, the camera can identify the faces and show squares around them and maybe select one as the "main subject" and focus on that one, but it can be the one you want in focus or not. cameras are "smart" to some extent, but you still have to tell them what you want them to do.

Reactions: lovitazoe and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
if its in manual mode, i prefer the focus to be manual, i mean i choose where to focus by changing dots. On my 7d m2 i did set them well, so i can move them every part of screen i want. In my m50, this seems to be automatic, which not always works how i want.

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
you should also be able to select the focus point on the M50.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
i haven't gone to detailed on my m50 as i don't usually take it out when i have to do serious shooting. Slightly more of house camera.

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Is this correct, Jack?View attachment 12570

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
It's Fujifilm xt1. It's a mirrorless camera. I wonder if i set the correct setting. 😟

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
if I'm not wrong, check 3 option.

Reactions: lovitazoe