Begginer Raw or jpg

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member opened a beginner discussion, do give the best advice and tips regarding the topic subject.

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
I am a beginner and for almost 4 years I use JPG 😂. I dont really understand the difference of JPG and RAW. I only know JPG's file size is less than RAW.
But now after I joined this group, I changed my camera setting to RAW. In case, I spot a good object and I don't want to lose the quality. 😁
try what Jack Jack said, though I'm not sure if that camera model can do that. maybe it can only follow faces or it requires to begin following the subject only from the center of the screen.

there's a review of this camera on dpreview.com and they say the following:
Set the focus mode to AF-C and the drive mode to CH, and the camera highlights the 9 central AF points which correspond to the sensor's phase detection area. As long as you hold the subject in this region, the camera will attempt to hold focus on it.

Reactions: lovitazoe and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I am a beginner and for almost 4 years I use JPG 😂. I dont really understand the difference of JPG and RAW. I only know JPG's file size is less than RAW.
But now after I joined this group, I changed my camera setting to RAW. In case, I spot a good object and I don't want to lose the quality. 😁

I'm sure that you can change that on every camera. I definitely recommend to lovitazoe lovitazoe to check 3 option. Personally i don't like when auto focus pops up on my screen. As sometimes is not focusing there where i want.

Reactions: lovitazoe

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I will try to follow. Thank you, K kzurro ! 😃

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I just wondering if my camera can detect more than 1 subject. Sometimes I want to focus 2 or 3 subject but my camera only detect the one on the center and the other subjects blurred as background. Or could it be because I use too large aperture?

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
mmm that's good question. You should test your camera. I dont really think that your camera can focus on multiple subjects simultaneously, i don't think even mine can do. Usually if i want to get 2 subjects in focus, i do play for aperture here, and i do recommend you as well. If you still practising, i would also recommend to put your camera on Aperture mode, where you can play only with aperture, and camera will decide iso and shutter speed for you.