Your opinion? Shinning Beauty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D610
Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 + 2X close up filter
s 1/4000
f/1.8
ISO 100

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I read an interesting article about compositions and how they guide the eye of the viewer. Very interesting topic.
So an obviously picture can tell a story even if you don't recognize it directly. Your eyes automatically follows a line which was given by the photograph. It's a bit like the physical basics which we follow in a supermarket. Most people start to start their way counter clockwise without knowing why and they don't recognize it.

Reactions: Jack and Greg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Composition is a subject that I've been studying a lot the last 2 years.
Composition in arts is something very personal and subjective. When looking at an art form it is very common to listen comments such us I would do this or that etc.
Art and art forms are something that is expressed by the eyes of its creator and communicated by the medium to the viewer.

But you gave me food for thought.
Although I do not believe in rules (after studying many great photographers) and I do not photograph any more with rules in my mind, composition wise, I applied on my photo 3 basic composition rules which i present below. I also recomposed the photo in order to present the composition as you stated to see the differences. I did it in photoshop in not the best way I have to say.

As for the position of the flower in centre I have to say that most of the times the subject itself in relation with the surrounding dictates composition. Although we choose the angle or the way want to display or present our subject there key elements that in the end guide us in a result.

Of course all the above are my personal and clearly subjective views and beliefs of things.

View attachment 6724View attachment 6725View attachment 6726 View attachment 6728 View attachment 6727

This looks much like an tutorial panos_adgr panos_adgr , feel free to create it on resources page ;)