Your opinion? Shinning Beauty

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D610
Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 + 2X close up filter
s 1/4000
f/1.8
ISO 100

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
That's beautifull ! why shooting many things on the screen when you can take those kind and single beautifull flower ! good job ^^

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
by rotating the frame so that the end of the rod is in the lower right corner ;)

Composition is a subject that I've been studying a lot the last 2 years.
Composition in arts is something very personal and subjective. When looking at an art form it is very common to listen comments such us I would do this or that etc.
Art and art forms are something that is expressed by the eyes of its creator and communicated by the medium to the viewer.

But you gave me food for thought.
Although I do not believe in rules (after studying many great photographers) and I do not photograph any more with rules in my mind, composition wise, I applied on my photo 3 basic composition rules which i present below. I also recomposed the photo in order to present the composition as you stated to see the differences. I did it in photoshop in not the best way I have to say.

As for the position of the flower in centre I have to say that most of the times the subject itself in relation with the surrounding dictates composition. Although we choose the angle or the way want to display or present our subject there key elements that in the end guide us in a result.

Of course all the above are my personal and clearly subjective views and beliefs of things.

Untitled.png Untitled2.jpg Untitled3.jpg DSC_2551case study 3.JPG DSC_2551case study 2.JPG

Reactions: Jack

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
For me, composition is something personal. Yes, rules exists, it can help. But for me, the most important thing, is that the picture is loved by the photographer who took it. Sometimes we can see people saying, critics picture, answering :"may be better if you use tier rule". But this is not obligate.
If I shoot a picture, i found my composition good, that's suffisant ^^
I like to center my subject too :)

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Exactly Greg. That's my point also.

In the past I had various debates in Greek forums. Some people upload a photo and everybody starts by saying I would do it this way or the other way etc. A good photo is a good photo. And critique is always welcome and helpful for self improvement. But it must be done in an as least subjective way as possible. Because it's ones perception of things is different as well as the motivation and purpose behind a work.

At least here in Macroderie we make beautiful conversations! 😊

• Love
Reactions: Greg