The oldest member(s) 😬

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Haha it's funny post Jack Jack ,and yes I've been still on the top of the list most active members here behind you even I wasn't active here for a while 😂😂😂.
Oh I remember very well the beginning, especially the quarrels with Jack, do you remember? 😂😂😂
I miss also the members from beginning that aren't active any more 😪,with lot of them I'm in contact in social medias but some of them we missed forever....😥😫,especially Shaun from India, he was very active in the beginning, hope he has been well!
I would like to panos_adgr panos_adgr and @Greg And @Greg Shchepanek back active here to forum 😃👋 and @Helix_2648 active as before 😁
We have been here lot of new members that are very nice, so worth to keep the forum active and meet people 😃

There's always room for new members. Glad that some old members are coming back to be active nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo (like yourself). Social media is not an forum, here you still can go back and check all your old posts and see how it was in the past. I miss @Greg Shchepanek , probably he is busy, and panos_adgr panos_adgr too.

Hello my dear friends nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo and Jack Jack !!!

I have been a member in many forums the past years. But Macroderie was a very special place for me. Although I'm not participating for quite some time there moments when I think about you. I can say that my presence in here in the beginning made me 'attach' in a way with some member including you two.
I think the reason was the pandemic situation plus the fact that I live quite a lonely life and at that time Macroderie was a place to share my passion for photography and in a way, 'socialize' with the members of the forum who were my lovely company. I also missed the sweet words of Natalia, the beautiful and interesting conversations with Jack Jack and of course with the other members.
Also the Pandemic drove to Macro photography because I was unable to travel due to restrictions. I could do street photography but I'm more of a nature lover so I did macro photography alternatively at that period.

What changed...
I'm mostly a person who likes to travel a lot and the majority of my photos are Landscapes and other themes.... I do travel and I do take photos but I do not share them here mostly because here is a dedicated Macro forum. The truth is that I have to continue Macro photography because it has many beautiful things to create and discover.

I still love the forum and all of you!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello my dear friends nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo and Jack Jack !!!

I have been a member in many forums the past years. But Macroderie was a very special place for me. Although I'm not participating for quite some time there moments when I think about you. I can say that my presence in here in the beginning made me 'attach' in a way with some member including you two.
I think the reason was the pandemic situation plus the fact that I live quite a lonely life and at that time Macroderie was a place to share my passion for photography and in a way, 'socialize' with the members of the forum who were my lovely company. I also missed the sweet words of Natalia, the beautiful and interesting conversations with Jack Jack and of course with the other members.
Also the Pandemic drove to Macro photography because I was unable to travel due to restrictions. I could do street photography but I'm more of a nature lover so I did macro photography alternatively at that period.

What changed...
I'm mostly a person who likes to travel a lot and the majority of my photos are Landscapes and other themes.... I do travel and I do take photos but I do not share them here mostly because here is a dedicated Macro forum. The truth is that I have to continue Macro photography because it has many beautiful things to create and discover.

Happy to see your message panos_adgr panos_adgr . I know, it’s been long since we haven’t chatted here on forum. Agree with you, during the pandemic the forum was busier as people was forced to stay inside, and that made them creative to do macro photography.

I know that there are many other bigger photography forums , but our forum is small and good thing about it, is that we pretty much know each other.

So from my understanding, you do landscape photography at the moment panos_adgr panos_adgr ?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020

What changed...

Luckily I can still enjoy your beautiful work on social medias panos_adgr panos_adgr 🤩.

The purpose of Macro Derie on just macro Photography makes it hard, even when I still love macro Photography I love shoot and watching another kind of Photography also, mostly landscapes of beautiful nature as you can see on my Sm 😁.

• Love
Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Happy to see your message panos_adgr panos_adgr . I know, it’s been long since we haven’t chatted here on forum. Agree with you, during the pandemic the forum was busier as people was forced to stay inside, and that made them creative to do macro photography.

I know that there are many other bigger photography forums , but our forum is small and good thing about it, is that we pretty much know each other.

So from my understanding, you do landscape photography at the moment panos_adgr panos_adgr ?
Hello dear friend Jack!

Yes indeed, the are a lot of other forums. Some are big or small but the quality differs a lot. Not because of content, but mostly because of individuals. People are biased towards technology, equipment and showing of their gears, than in photography / art itself.
Sadly though, people tend to migrate from forums to facebook groups where they 'socialize' in a hit and run kind of, discussion. They mostly upload / show of their equipment and if not, they debate on sincerely not important issues such us dslrs vs mirrorless, brand debates, or bullying other people through their questions....

Anyway... I'm catching myself talking a lot.... What I wanted to say is that here / this community was built on good fundaments with real passionate people in photography. I really do not participate in other forums, even though I have accounts in many.

So what am I doing.
I'm doing lots of long exposure landscape photography. I try to travel during weekends or when it is holidays time.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Yes indeed, the are a lot of other forums. Some are big or small but the quality differs a lot. Not because of content, but mostly because of individuals. People are biased towards technology, equipment and showing of their gears, than in photography / art itself.
Sadly though, people tend to migrate from forums to facebook groups where they 'socialize' in a hit and run kind of, discussion. They mostly upload / show of their equipment and if not, they debate on sincerely not important issues such us dslrs vs mirrorless, brand debates, or bullying other people through their questions....
I've noticed this many times on social media sites that people tend to argue and talk more about what equipment they use rather than how to improve photography skills and learn something new.

It is exiting buying the latest camera or lens, however is better to learn how to achieve same results with old camera depending on specs, because some cameras has limited functionalities.

But yes, I do agree with you, Macroderie is a small forum where we pretty much know each other. And coming back time to time as well.

PS: I'm thinking creating a landscape forum, what's your thoughts about it panos_adgr panos_adgr ?

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I've noticed this many times on social media sites that people tend to argue and talk more about what equipment they use rather than how to improve photography skills and learn something new.

It is exiting buying the latest camera or lens, however is better to learn how to achieve same results with old camera depending on specs, because some cameras has limited functionalities.

But yes, I do agree with you, Macroderie is a small forum where we pretty much know each other. And coming back time to time as well.

PS: I'm thinking creating a landscape forum, what's your thoughts about it panos_adgr panos_adgr ?

Yes Jack. They do care more for the gear than photography. You can see many times people who own decent gear and they want to upgrade to improve their photography and at the same time they ask questions on what a symbol means on their camera or how a function works. They, most of the times do not no the exposure triangle relation or how to use the aperture... I've seen people also with expensive gear and they do not know 'where the four go' (greek idiomatism, meaning that the have absolutely no idea what the heck their camera is capable of).

Most of the cameras today (mirrorless, dslrs and some good compacts) are highly capable of delivering great results!
But as you said they do not even bother to study about the basics of exposure. Needless to say about those who are good in photography but because they haven't study art, photography and other photographers, they become dogmatic in a style (theirs most of the times).

Now about landscape forum. I think it is a great idea. And I also haven't seen many forums that are 'photography' oriented. Most of the use the term photography but they are mostly technology forums.

What makes Macroderie an standing out exception is the built. Its architecture of subjects/themes, that clearly promotes and communicates that is A Photography forum!

• Love
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Yes Jack. They do care more for the gear than photography. You can see many times people who own decent gear and they want to upgrade to improve their photography and at the same time they ask questions on what a symbol means on their camera or how a function works. They, most of the times do not no the exposure triangle relation or how to use the aperture... I've seen people also with expensive gear and they do not know 'where the four go' (greek idiomatism, meaning that the have absolutely no idea what the heck their camera is capable of).

Thats definitely not a reason to upgrade. Or you see some photographers which high end camera and shooting in auto mode, that’s really funny. It’s all about time investing in learning the gear and experiencing the photography.

Most of the cameras today (mirrorless, dslrs and some good compacts) are highly capable of delivering great results!
But as you said they do not even bother to study about the basics of exposure. Needless to say about those who are good in photography but because they haven't study art, photography and other photographers, they become dogmatic in a style (theirs most of the times).

yes I do agree with you, but some old of them have limited functionalities. I always said, is not about the gear, is about the person behind the lens.

Now about landscape forum. I think it is a great idea. And I also haven't seen many forums that are 'photography' oriented. Most of the use the term photography but they are mostly technology forums.

I was thinking about it an other day, but most likely will be small forum due of covering only landscape. Most photography forums they cover all genres.

What makes Macroderie an standing out exception is the built. Its architecture of subjects/themes, that clearly promotes and communicates that is A Photography forum
had to put some work to make it really unique, and takes time to grow the forum.

Reactions: panos_adgr