WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SHOOT PHOTOS OF BIRDS?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello!

I know, that this is macro photography forum, but we, macro photographers usually love nature in all :)

So can you say me your best ways to shoot BIRDS that you know, and how you do it?/ -withought blood , in this better way ;)
Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek you can heve good ideas for it.. :)
evryone is welcome to discussion :)

Reactions: Jack

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
For birding you definitely need a telephoto lens, sigma 150-600 the best or canon 100-400. Also a stable tripod is required

The Olympus pro 300mm is best :love: :love: :love: , better like your Canon or Sigma :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p:p
Olympus have great teleconverts for tthem.. so you can go with them to 600mm easly - when you have money :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But thanks ;)

Reactions: Natalie

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Most Important Be nice to nature & it will reward you! Wildlife is curious & innocent...give only love!!
Start off with the friendly birds: chickadees; nuthatches; grayjays; seagulls; crows & one of your frequent birds The Raven...I am going to try and shoot them with a macro lens when I get back to the outdoors...after some time practicing on the them start chasing the more flittery birds...Birds are the most challenging subject, you never know what they are going to to do...anyways just my thoughts.
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) Percé, Quebec, Canada.
P1020410.jpg

Red-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta canadensis) Jack Pine Trail, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
IMG_2545_ds.jpg

Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) Algonquin Provincial Park, Spruce Bog Trail, Ontario, Canada.
IMG_2366_ds.jpg

Red-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta canadensis) Algonquin Provincial Park, Spruce Bog Trail, Ontario, Canada.
IMG_2261_ds.jpg
Most Important Be nice to nature & it will reward you! Wildlife is curious & innocent...give only love!!

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
For birding you definitely need a telephoto lens, sigma 150-600 the best or canon 100-400. Also a stable tripod is required
i disagree with the tripod. i find it cumbersome in the field and normally shoot handheld. specially for small foliage or canopy birds

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo find out what the birds desire most and you will find your photos:
Black-chinned Hummingbirds (Archilochus alexandri) Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area, British Columbia, Canada. Ramsar site no. 649.
DSCN1279.jpg
Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus) Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area, British Columbia, Canada. Ramsar site no. 649.
IMG_1374.jpg

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
When the birds are sitting on your head or hands...big equipment is not needed imho...all depends on the story you want to tell & the fun you have while you are in Nature...Most of all have fun...the experiences are the most important...getting the shot is a bonus!!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
If a photographer want a bird 'portrait' picture then you really need a good piece of glass and good camera

Status
Not open for further replies.