Closed Theme Butterflies...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The Photo Theme is closed for entries and commenting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
My most favourite photo of a butterfly as a caterpillar! The actual butterfly I have seen and chased all over Ontario...but have yet to photograph the beauty that is the Giant Swallowtail...and yes she is big & beautiful...but the larva looks like :poop: (I have been waiting to use this emoji all day):
Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar (Papilio cresphontes) On Northern Prickly-ash (Zanthoxylum americanum) Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
DSC00484.jpg
Sony DSC-RX100M2 • ƒ/2.8 10.4 mm 1/50 160 Flash (off, did not fire)
Hoping not to be negative
Hoping to tell a story here than having a beautiful macro photo to contribute

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
My most favourite photo of a butterfly as a caterpillar! The actual butterfly I have seen and chased all over Ontario...but have yet to photograph the beauty that is the Giant Swallowtail...and yes she is big & beautiful...but the larva looks like :poop: (I have been waiting to use this emoji all day):
Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar (Papilio cresphontes) On Northern Prickly-ash (Zanthoxylum americanum) Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
View attachment 1987
Sony DSC-RX100M2 • ƒ/2.8 10.4 mm 1/50 160 Flash (off, did not fire)
Hoping not to be negative
Hoping to tell a story here than having a beautiful macro photo to contribute
i love your story....can i post my caterpillar macros here too?

• Love
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Bring them on! ... eggs as well if you have them I believe...but this is your thread, you should have control of what is posted? I believe you drive the content & stories?? Shan Shan

Reactions: Christy and Shan
Status
Not open for further replies.