own website or online portfolio?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I had checked wix a while ago. They do have nice templates, but their websites are a bit slow and the domain prefix makes you to change your mind.

Reactions: Sandy Nelson

Developers

1 1
Mar 15, 2020
Building a WiX website, that means a waste of time, effort and loosing half of copyright over your content on it. Here are some well trusted link where it's possible to open an very easy website.

However, if you want to jump on a professional level, and want a bit more from the website, the easiest way it to pay for a hosting company, and installing WordPress, and then you can use it , please note, you might invest money in premium WP plugins and themes. Koken is an easy option designed for writters and photographers , a small overview for Koken here:

http://koken.me (for download it, you need to search on google, or here on forum are some plugins).

but not recommded to sell any pictures via it, as it's not supported by developers anymore. For selling images, the best place I know at the moment, is Etsy.

Sandy Nelson

Jun 5, 2020
I had checked wix a while ago. They do have nice templates, but their websites are a bit slow and the domain prefix makes you to change your mind.
You are able to use your own domain name in Adobe portfolio. My domaine name is www.pixuberant.ca, but I use Adobe portfolio software. I am looking to change the software, but it is very time consuming to build an entirely new site, so I will do that and then reassign my domain name to the new site when i'm done.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You are able to use your own domain name in Adobe portfolio. My domaine name is www.pixuberant.ca, but I use Adobe portfolio software. I am looking to change the software, but it is very time consuming to build an entirely new site, so I will do that and then reassign my domain name to the new site when i'm done.

I'm afraid it is time consuming when is down to build a new site, or portfolio. But that's the artistic way I guess

Reactions: Sandy Nelson