Want critique Same hoverfly form different situations.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Nikon D5200
1/200 ISO640
Flash used 1/8

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I really like the bokeh effect wide open and the sharpness when you stop down a little bit :)
I ordered a cheap extension tube set I would like to try to shoot macro with it :D
I'm using a X2 close up filter with my helios. The bokeh is amazing.

Reactions: Bihari

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I have the Helios 44M it have only 8 apature blade. But it doesn't really matter because the fun begins at wide open ;)

Well I agree with you!
Mine has six aperture blades. It would be great if it had more aperture blades or a least if it were better rounded...
I also own a Jupiter 9 MC lens which has 15 aperture blades that are perfectly rounded. It helps because sometimes I close the aperture to f/2.8 to reduce the COMA and bokeh circles remain round!

I can do it with my Helios or Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 because the bokeh circles change to polygonal circles when I stop down.
The Nikkor has great colour rendition and better flare control, but is softer wide open that my Helios... If I stop it to f/2,0 or f/2,8 in case I have light sources that are spot, the bokeh circles start to be edgy.
So the Helios in an one way solution and I control the flare with lens hood and if it is not efficient, I use my hand for shade with focusing becoming real hard with only one hand handling the camera.

Anyway.
You cannot have everything in life.

Reactions: Bihari and Jack

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Well I agree with you!
Mine has six aperture blades. It would be great if it had more aperture blades or a least if it were better rounded...
I also own a Jupiter 9 MC lens which has 15 aperture blades that are perfectly rounded. It helps because sometimes I close the aperture to f/2.8 to reduce the COMA and bokeh circles remain round!

I can do it with my Helios or Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 because the bokeh circles change to polygonal circles when I stop down.
The Nikkor has great colour rendition and better flare control, but is softer wide open that my Helios... If I stop it to f/2,0 or f/2,8 in case I have light sources that are spot, the bokeh circles start to be edgy.
So the Helios in an one way solution and I control the flare with lens hood and if it is not efficient, I use my hand for shade with focusing becoming real hard with only one hand handling the camera.

Anyway.
You cannot have everything in life.
I like it open because of the bokeh effect and the softness gives an extra retro look to the image :D
Yesterday I get my hands on a Super-takumar 55mm f2 asahi optic . I am really curious about the results .

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I like it open because of the bokeh effect and the softness gives an extra retro look to the image :D
Yesterday I get my hands on a Super-takumar 55mm f2 asahi optic . I am really curious about the results .
Beautiful!!!!
Takumars are great!
I'm planning also to buy one more vintage glass.
I'm trying to make my mind between Kaleinar 5n 100mm f2. 8 or Tair 11a 135mm f2. 8. I think that I'm biased towards the tair!

I will be waiting for your first Takumar creations!

Reactions: Bihari and Jack