Want critique Same hoverfly form different situations.

The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Nikon D5200
1/200 ISO640
Flash used 1/8

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I really like the bokeh effect wide open and the sharpness when you stop down a little bit
I ordered a cheap extension tube set I would like to try to shoot macro with it
I'm using a X2 close up filter with my helios. The bokeh is amazing.

Reactions: Bihari

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I have the Helios 44M it have only 8 apature blade. But it doesn't really matter because the fun begins at wide open

Well I agree with you!
Mine has six aperture blades. It would be great if it had more aperture blades or a least if it were better rounded...
I also own a Jupiter 9 MC lens which has 15 aperture blades that are perfectly rounded. It helps because sometimes I close the aperture to f/2.8 to reduce the COMA and bokeh circles remain round!

I can do it with my Helios or Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 because the bokeh circles change to polygonal circles when I stop down.
The Nikkor has great colour rendition and better flare control, but is softer wide open that my Helios... If I stop it to f/2,0 or f/2,8 in case I have light sources that are spot, the bokeh circles start to be edgy.
So the Helios in an one way solution and I control the flare with lens hood and if it is not efficient, I use my hand for shade with focusing becoming real hard with only one hand handling the camera.

Anyway.
You cannot have everything in life.

Reactions: Bihari and Jack

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
I like it open because of the bokeh effect and the softness gives an extra retro look to the image
Yesterday I get my hands on a Super-takumar 55mm f2 asahi optic . I am really curious about the results .

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I like it open because of the bokeh effect and the softness gives an extra retro look to the image
Yesterday I get my hands on a Super-takumar 55mm f2 asahi optic . I am really curious about the results .
Beautiful!!!!
Takumars are great!
I'm planning also to buy one more vintage glass.
I'm trying to make my mind between Kaleinar 5n 100mm f2. 8 or Tair 11a 135mm f2. 8. I think that I'm biased towards the tair!

I will be waiting for your first Takumar creations!

Reactions: Bihari and Jack
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…