Social network - Forum

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I was in a facebook group devoted to macro and proxiphoto. Many of the photos that were posted there were nothing interesting and often were technically wrong! Here, I only find quality, in the subjects, the images and especially the comments!
It is true that at the beginning, I had some difficulties to adapt to the operation and the interface, but in the end, I gave up the facebook group to come here more and more often!

Thanks a lot L Leraymurat, my dream was to focus more on quality and not quantity. This forum has lots of functions and features which i think Is good, and we aren’t a lot here , which I’m happy. Of course everyone choose what they want and that’s totally fine. But Personally tried to Create A unique small corner for photographers who really cares about macro photography or photography.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
And yes, its just takes time till you get used to it, I hope I made it as user friendly as possible. But any suggestions and ideas are Always welcome

Reactions: Leraymurat and Greg

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
I noticed that I am "old member" ... is it because of my age (65) because I don't feel like I have been here for so long!;)😆🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I noticed that I am "old member" ... is it because of my age (65) because I don't feel like I have been here for so long!;)😆🤣

There are little things like this still needs to be changed , :D , but yes old member is not about age, is about how long you have been on site :D

• Haha
Reactions: Leraymurat

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
What is the difference between this forum and FB / Insta.... I started in 2014 with my first Canon EOS 700D and showed my pictures to my friends and family. Many of them gave me the advice to create an account on FB and that is what I did. I started to post my pictures but haven't received much feedback because I hadn't had many friends on FB at that time. I was frustrated and started to create an account on 500px. I was enthusiastic to receive more like within 1 hour than the whole time in FB. I posted some more pictures with the same result. A lot of likes but no comments or other kind of feedback. The same on Insta or FB as I entered some photo groups.

I wasn't sure how to interpret the likes... have I received it because everybody gets it even for stupid picture or does it mean, that my pictures are really good? How should I know it if nobody gives a real feedback. And that doesn't mean "Great picture" or "Good shot".

And that is what this forum makes unique. I post a pictures which looks (from my point of view really good) and members write a comment that I can improve this or that. I never would think about this but that's exactly the point. Because of this you try something else and become automatically better!

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I agree with you, "likes" are useless ...
I saw other kind of things like a new member on a FB group, when he introduced himself he start saying : "I was on an other FB group but I left cause some people tolds me they don't like my pictures" , So He changed group to find ONLY people to be like ...

I know it's hard sometimes, when we start photography, or sometime we make a picture, we found it really good, we share and, other members dislike it ...
If I don't like a picture, I tell WHY I don't like it and I specify that I don't wanna hurt. But the goal is to upgrade the skills, to get many differents point of view.

What the point of sharing picture if it's only to get LIKES ...

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I agree with everything said here. Going back to the question of pros and cons, the one big pro of social mediums is obviously fast, direct communication which I guess is the social aspect. I dont particularly like social media though I do use IG (which I dont like at all).

Just like it has been said before I prefer constructive criticism over ego patting (likes). I haven't been doing photography long enough to dismiss anyone's advice on how to improve and even if i had a lot of experience a different point of view is always valuable so for me a forum like this has more value.

Reactions: Jack

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I agree with you Chavezshutter Chavezshutter ... I started to hsare on Instagram cause one of my friend got 600 followers so fast. So I tried, then now I got 250 followers since a few month ... But ... that's all , I permeted me to discuss with some photographers, that's cool but nothing really constructive ... And now I see people sending me private message asking me to like pictures ... Why ?! pfffff